Monday, April 09, 2012

Tasters Out of Whack!

It's been another good week for my husband. He's eating well, still has that sweet tooth going but his taste buds have changed. I can totally see it, but he doesn't seem to. I fixed a wonderful tasting meal right before his chemo started......it was sautéed garlic in olive oil, seasoned with fresh basil, (I added chicken also) take it from the heat and add cubed tomatoes and avocados to the pan, mix well till veggies are warm, then put all of it on a bed of freshly cooked angel hair pasta.
I found the recipe from my Betty Crocker's "Living with cancer" cookbook. Hubs loved, loved, loved it before chemo! I cooked it the other night and he thought it was disgusting. He kept saying that I cooked it differently. Nope, not different at all, fixed it the same way. Tastes the same as before, so delicious!!
                    It's his tasters, they're out of whack!!

Anyone ever had or heard of that side effect from chemo?

He keeps asking me to add more seasonings when I'm cooking and he's putting salt and pepper on his food. He has never used salt.
Oh well, I'll ask Dr. J on Wednesday at L's appointment. He goes in for blood work, then a chat with the doc.
Have a great week!!

No comments: