Thursday, April 19, 2012

Chills

LD came home early from work yesterday with serious chills. He was pale and shivering even though it was 80+ degrees outside. He put his heavy camo jammies on and I found one of my big pullover winter hoodies from our softball days. I fixed him some hot orange/spicy tea and added some chamomile to it to help warm him up from the inside. He was all covered up with 2 blankets and fell asleep in his recliner. Checking for side affects from the chemo drugs, I read that Zometa is probably the cause of this one. What I read said that they didn't last long and usually only happens with the first treatment. After his nap, he still had chills and now felt a little achey, I made him some freshly juiced carrot/apple/lemon juice and told him to drink up! Apples are always my go to fruit when one of us is feeling bad. Next I fixed my newest find.......organic soup in a box. Pacific Brand Organic Butternut Squash Bisque with hints of nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger. Sounds delicious and it really is!! I've picked up several different flavors at HEB lately, they're very handy to have in the pantry. Classic fresh organic carrot, roasted garlic and ginger soup with coconut milk, cashews and spices. This one has a bit too much ginger spice for me and might not be appealing to everyone but L liked it. Tomato bisque is my new favorite soup now, it's wonderful on a rainy day with a grilled cheese sandwich. Back to the sick boy, about 3:00 am he started feeling better. It was all of my TLC.

No comments: