Thursday, February 23, 2012

And So We Begin on Our New Journey

First let me give you a bit of background on my husband. He has been very healthy, no serious signs of wear and tear over the years. He hardly ever goes to the doctor. So I must say that I am very proud of him for going about his knots right away. Whatever they turn out to be, we are giving thanks that we "caught it early"..... Or so we thought.
The needle aspiration really hurt LD's neck. He came home after his appointment feeling a little uncomfortable. As the evening wore on, his neck began to swell. As the days past, more bumps and knots appeared. It was getting to the point that he couldn't sleep and was hurting all the time now.....and let me tell you, my hubs NEVER has trouble sleeping! He's one of those people that is asleep before his head hits the pillow!! Ok, so here we are trying to be patient, waiting for the test results. It ended up being over a week before we found out. I couldn't go to this appointment with him, but I was trusting that he would ask plenty of questions. One of my daughters and granddaughter were waiting with me. His appointment time was 2:00pm. When it was around 3:30 we were really getting anxious, so I called him. He had just left, was on his way home and would tell us all about it when he got here. Knowing my husband as well as I do, that was not a good sign. I walked outside to be alone for a few minutes and pray. Asking God, to please help me to be strong for LD and my family, please if it was his will, let the news not be too terribly bad. I knew our life was about to change, I just didn't know how much.

No comments: