Sunday, May 20, 2012

Getting Back to Normal

Everything has been going quite well with my husband. He's been feeling really good and starting to get out and do work outside. He cleaned the garage yesterday and helped me with my bags of mulch, opening them and dumping them into the wheel barrow! Lol Doesn't sound like much for him normally, but I'm insisting that he take it a little slower right now.
We drove about 2 hours North of Austin last week to look at a small, 105 acre ranch that he has been leasing for deer hunting. The owners want to sell it and L wants us to buy it. (if I liked it....lol) In all honesty, it probably didn't matter whether I liked it or not, I think he had already made up his mind! Hehehe
Anyway, it was about a four hour drive from home, that's his first long trip since he was diagnosed with cancer. It was sunny and hot, but he did well. We walked around the property, looking at the barns and the pond (tank). Up and down some hills and he didn't get tired or start feeling bad. The house is three bedroom, built in the 1920's. It's really in very good shape, I think the owners have done a lot of work keeping it up. Well I liked it, he liked it and Chloe liked it, so we are definetly buying it. It will be more than a place to hunt. When hubs retires next year, he will have a place to go and "push dirt around". I am sure he will buy a big tractor the first chance he gets!! He'll have a lot of little projects to work on out there. The barn will need fixing up (I will help with that.) so I can have a horse or two and probably some baby goats for the grand kids. Gotta have those!! Don't think we will be moving out there permanently and getting rid of our house here. NO WAY!! At least not me for many years. Have a great week friends!! Thank you all again for your prayers, I know they have helped L in his recovery from the nasty disease! Love and light to all.

No comments: